Thursday, January 7, 2010

Highlights

I'm having a bit of a week, so I thought I'd post my top ten favorite moments.

10. A patron displacing her anger (for my inability to fix her error) at the floor of my building. "You should stop waxing the floors! This is the fourth time I've slipped today!"

9. The entirety of the town is closed...except my school system. Thanks, university.

8. Noticing that my forehead has an especially deep wrinkle in it already. I'm only 21! Why am I already worried about wrinkles?! *shakes fist at society*

7. Focusing entirely on everything but what I want to led to productivity that I haven't seen in weeks. A bit of my sanity was restored.

6. Finding out that although I could sleep through a train rolling through my apartment, my nephew whispering my name from his bedroom door makes me instantly alert.

5. Snow! I love snow, and playing in snow, which I got to do!

4. The bulb above my desk was burnt out, but my favorite maintenance worker came and fixed it and we got to talk about our breaks and he made a joke about how he "brightened" my day!

3. My television not playing my hockey game at all last night, and probably not tonight, either. I hate not being able to watch hockey.

2. The face my coworker just made at the back of a regular, erm, interesting patron.

1. Upon arrival at my apartment late last week, I was unloading my car and saw a flash of light. I turned around, and noticed that a dark, hooded figure on the balcony of a neighboring apartment was holding a video camera, and there was a light shining towards me. I'm pretty sure I was filmed walking to and from my apartment several times, and am more than creeped out by it.

1 comment:

  1. Aww! I'm sorry you were having "a bit of a week" and that I didn't see this until now! (Why didn't I get some kind of notification?! Is it because I don't use Twitter?). I know what you mean about your nephew, kinda. If Monica gets up I instantly wake up. <3 you.

    ReplyDelete